Rehabilitation of Open Pit Mines - SlideShare

Mining Philippines 2010State of the Art of Open Pit Mine Rehabilitation (McCullough, Hunt, and Evans, 2009) bmp Rehabilitation of Open Pit Mines 26. Mining Philippines 2010State of the Art of Open Pit Mine Rehabilitation Examples of post-mining end uses of …

Mining and Reclamation – MDEQ

Mining and Reclamation The Mining and Reclamation Division regulates all surface mines in the state as provided for in the Mississippi Surface Mining and Reclamation Act of 1977 (Sec. 1 et seq., Miss. Code 1972).

RCW 78.44.031: Definitions. - Washington

(11) "Reclamation" means rehabilitation for the appropriate future use of disturbed areas resulting from surface mining including areas under associated mineral processing equipment, areas under stockpiled materials, and aboveground waste rock and tailing facilities, and all other surface disturbances associated with underground mines.

State Mining Agencies | Mine Safety and Health Administration

State Mining Agencies Alabama. Alabama Department of Environmental Management – Mining Alabama Surface Mining Commission. Alaska. Alaska Department of Natural Resources – Mining, Land & Water. Arizona. ... Iron Range Resources & Rehabilitation Board (IRRRB) – Mining and Timber Minnesota Minerals Coordinating Committee. Missouri.

Guide for Surface Coal Mine Reclamation Plans - Nova Scotia

Nova Scotia Environment, Guide for Surface Coal Mine Reclamation Plans -capac ities, drainage, mul ches , and compacti on of the soil. Where little or no topsoi l exists prior to mining, it may be necessary to amend, manu facture or import soils depending on the final land use and site conditions.

Surface Mining - Kennametal

Road Rehabilitation Tools • RoadRazor II™ • RZ Series Road Rehabilitation Tools • RoadRazor II™ • Fine Milling Road Rehabilitation Tools • RoadRazor™ Classic • RC Series

OSMRE Accessibility Policy - Office of Surface Mining

The Office of Surface Mining Reclamation and Enforcement (OSMRE) and the U.S. Department of the Interior (DOI) are committed to making its Information and Communication Technology (ICT) accessible to individuals with disabilities by meeting or exceeding the requirements of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. 794d), as amended.

Surface Mining | Sustainable Development & Environmental ...

Surface mines offer advantages and disadvantages when compared to underground mining. Amongst the advantages are that it is cheaper, can recover more of the resource (usually up to within the mining excavation), is safer and can use larger-scale mining equipment offering higher production rates.

Surface Mining and Reclamation | WA - DNR

Surface mining reclamation restores vegetation, soil stability, and proper water conditions after mining. Each site will be completed differently depending on the future use and reclamation law. However, the work completed prevents future environmental degradation and prepares the site for its future use.

Tackling the transparency of mine rehabilitation in South ...

CER’s report ranks 11 mining companies according to the usefulness and clarity of their public disclosures of finances covering environmental rehabilitation, with Lonmin, MC Mining and Wesizwe Platinum said to have the least clear financial plans, and Atlatsa and Exxaro the most coherent.

Texas Mining and Reclamation Association

Texas Mining Monthly is a monthly e-newsletter publication with a pulse on mining operations in the state. An informative and timely publication, Texas Mining shines a light on mining culture and offers a platform to showcase TMRA members. Our Annual Meeting

Mine reclamation - Wikipedia

Mine reclamation is the process of restoring land that has been mined to a natural or economically usable state. Although the process of mine reclamation occurs once mining is completed, the planning of mine reclamation activities occurs prior to a mine being permitted or started.

MSWCC - Surface Mining

Watershed Rehabilitation Program. ... mining permits as they pertain to soil and water conservation practices in an effort to reduce sediment pollution from surface mining activities in accordance with the Mississippi Surface Mining and Reclamation Act.

Mining Rehabilitation Services landscaping for over 26 years

Mining Rehabilitation Services has been established and played an important part in the landscape for more than 26 years. Our competent and fully trained operators are the hallmarks of our business. We are a business that has been involved in a variety of tasks, including site rehabilitation, mine construction and civil earthworks.

State Mining Agencies | Mine Safety and Health Administration

State Mining Agencies Alabama. Alabama Department of Environmental Management – Mining Alabama Surface Mining Commission. Alaska. Alaska Department of Natural Resources – Mining, Land & Water. Arizona. ... Iron Range Resources & Rehabilitation Board (IRRRB) – Mining and Timber Minnesota Minerals Coordinating Committee. Missouri.

Satellite based mine rehabilitation monitoring using ...

AbstractRemote sensing technology has increased in both application and significance over the past decade, and now promises an improved observation strategy for enhanced mine environmental management. However, its utilisation as a common monitoring tool within the mining industry is less prevalent than for other primary production sectors such as agriculture and forestry.

Services – IfB Mining Consultants

Surface & Ground Water Management. Rehabilitation of Mining Areas. Riverbed Rehabilitation. Post-Mining Land Use. Rehabilitation of Mining Areas. Riverbed Rehabilitation. Soil Mellioration. Agricultural Development. Development. Studies & Research. Artisanal Scale Mining …

Surface Mining | Sustainable Development & Environmental ...

Surface mines offer advantages and disadvantages when compared to underground mining. Amongst the advantages are that it is cheaper, can recover more of the resource (usually up to within the mining excavation), is safer and can use larger-scale mining equipment offering higher production rates.

Mining - Kennametal

Products for underground and surface mining, including drums, blocks, picks, and wear solutions

Surface Mining, Industry of Metals, Minerals, Precious ...

Surface mining is a form of mining in which the soil and the rock covering the mineral deposits are removed. It is the other way of underground mining, in which the overlying rock is left behind, and the required mineral deposits are removed through shafts or tunnels.

A Conceptual Surface Model for Rehabilitation of Nyala ...

surface mining to create new pit lakes as a way of trying to avoid restoring and rehabilitating the landscape. Such pit lakes can have several uses which include recreational and tourism, wild-life

Surface Strip Coal Mining Handbook - sacea.org.za

Introduction to surface strip coal mining Geology and exploration Surface coal mining methods Rotary drilling machines Surface strip coal mine blast design Loading and hauling systems The selection and application of draglines Equipment cost estimation techniques Mining environment, rehabilitation and …

Rehabilitation of Open Pit Mines - SlideShare

Mining Philippines 2010State of the Art of Open Pit Mine Rehabilitation (McCullough, Hunt, and Evans, 2009) bmp Rehabilitation of Open Pit Mines 26. Mining Philippines 2010State of the Art of Open Pit Mine Rehabilitation Examples of post-mining end uses of …

Office of Surface Mining - Official Site

The U.S. Government's Official Website for the Office of Surface Mining Reclamation and Enforcement (OSMRE). OSMRE's business practices are to reclaim abandoned mine lands (Title IV), regulate active coal mines (Title V), and apply sound science through technology transfer.

Sioux Corporation - Industrial steam cleaners, water ...

Surface Mining Sioux's Rugged Hot Water Pressure Washers and Steam Cleaners are Made For Surface Mining Sioux Corporation is a world-wide leader in manufacturing a full line of pressure washers, steam cleaners, combination units, and steam generators that are ideal for use in surface mining operations.

Reformism: The Surface Mining Control and Reclamation Act ...

Meanwhile, surface mining became increasingly common. In 1963, just thirty-three percent of American coal came from surface mines. By 1973, that figure had reached sixty percent.

Mining and Refining – Rehabilitation - World Aluminium

Mining leases and concessions are linked with rehabilitation conditions and the obligation to comply with government regulations. Many operations make rehabilitation the responsibility of individual production staff by including rehabilitation targets in their performance appraisals.

SURFACE MINING AND RECLAMATION ACT OF 1975

· Name and address of the surface mining operator and any person designated by the operator as an agent for service of process (must reside in CA). PRC 2772(c)(2) Material quantity and type: The anticipated total quantity and type of minerals to be mined (see Annual Report Instructions, Exhibit B, for mineral types and units of measure).

The Environmental Science of Surface Mining - dummies

All surface mining techniques negatively affect the environment, though some methods are more damaging than others. Strip mining. Strip mining, as the name describes, is a process of removing rock and soil in strips to get to the valuable mineral ores below.

Surface Mining and Reclamation Act - Caltrans

· The Surface Mining and Reclamation Act of 1975 (SMARA, Public Resources Code, Sections 2796) provides a comprehensive surface mining and reclamation policy with the regulation of surface mining operations to assure that adverse environmental impacts are minimized and mined lands are reclaimed to a usable condition.

Soil Reclamation of Abandoned Mine Land by Revegetation: A ...

management will minimize the impacts of mining on the environment and will help in preserving eco-diversity. This article assesses the deterioration of chemical, physical and biological soil properties due to surface mining and also their management with a purpose to get productive mine soil.

Open-pit mining - Wikipedia

Open-pit, open-cast or open cut mining is a surface mining technique of extracting rock or minerals from the earth by their removal from an open pit or borrow

GUIDELINES FOR THE REHABILITATION OF INED AND

In South Africa, a guideline for the rehabilitation of land disturbed by surface coal mining was first published by the Chamber of Mines in 1981. This provided excellent guidance for coal strip mine rehabilitation, but both legal requirements and rehabilitation objectives and procedures have changed considerably over the last twenty-five years.

Coal mining | World Coal Association

Coal mining is only a temporary use of land, so it is vital that rehabilitation of land takes place once mining operations have stopped. In best practice a detailed rehabilitation or reclamation plan is designed and approved for each coal mine, covering the period from the start of operations until well after mining has finished.

POST-MINING REHABILITATION, LAND USE AND …

POST-MINING REHABILITATION, LAND USE AND POLLUTION AT COLLIERIES IN SOUTH AFRICA D. Limpitlaw1, M. Aken2, H. Lodewijks2 and J. Viljoen3 1 Centre for Sustainability in Mining and Industry 2 Anglo Coal 3 BHP Billiton ABSTRACT Coal mining in South Africa is a mature industry and there are large numbers of closed

SURFACE MINING AND RECLAMATION ACT OF 1975

· Name and address of the surface mining operator and any person designated by the operator as an agent for service of process (must reside in CA). PRC 2772(c)(2) Material quantity and type: The anticipated total quantity and type of minerals to be mined (see Annual Report Instructions, Exhibit B, for mineral types and units of measure).

Mine Rehabilitation - YouTube

· ABC TV's Lateline investigated mine rehabilitation and found it can be done properly, but it's only happening at a handful of mines. A senate enquiry will examine how to force mining …

The legacy of surface mining: Remediation, restoration ...

Surface mining is a global phenomenon. When dealing with the land disturbances caused by surface mining operations, the terms remediation, reclamation, restoration and rehabilitation (R4) are commonly used interchangeably or otherwise vaguely defined.

Coal Mining and Production - miga.org

Key impacts of surface mining are typically massive disturbances of large areas of land and possible disruption of surface and groundwater patterns. In some surface mines, the generation of acid mine drainage (AMD) is a major problem. Other significant impacts include fugitive dust and disposal of overburden/waste rock.

COMPARISON OF COAL MINE RECLAMATION UNDER THE …

1196 comparison of reclamation of coal mines under the surface mining control and reclamation act of 1977 and oil and gas sites in wyoming1 brenda k. schladweiler2 abstract.